Sunday, July 18, 2010

Potty Training





After the Disneyland trip and Fathers and Sons campout I decided to push Christopher and see how well he could do potty training. He had been going on the toilet as long as he did not have anything on. So he spent a few days undressing after we got home from places. He did fine, but I could not get him to wear underwear. I did not know how he would react to sugary treats so I resorted to bribing with toys. He has been wanting a plastic bowling game for quite a while. I bought it one day and said he could not play with it unless he had underwear on. It took an hour or two but eventually he put on the underwear to play the game. Over the next day or two he wore underwear more and more. I started saying I would buy him Diego stickers if he wore underwear to Target. That got us out of the house. We had a chart on the fridge and every day that week he wore underwear to get a sticker on the chart. At the end of the week the chart was full and he had earned his Buzz costume which will hopefully double as his Halloween costume this year. He has only had accidents when he has been asleep besides one #2 accident the other day right in front of the toilet (did not make it in time!). I am so proud of how good he has done. I thought he would be harder since he was a boy, but he was really quite easy. I just had to wait until he was ready and find the right motivation.

No comments: