Sunday, October 31, 2010

Girls Camp!!!

A few shots of Vanessa's first experience at girls' camp! She turned 12 just 15 days before they went; although, they did allow anyone with a birthday before August 31 to go. That way they go with their school-age buddies.









She said the hike was her favorite part. I thought that is what almost all the pictures were of because it was their 2nd day there and she forgot about the camera after that. She had a great time and only got one prank done to her. They were playing a game where you follow the leader sitting down and standing up. At the end they poured water on her seat right before she sat down.

We got a copy of the menu ahead of time. We looked at it together and planned out and what she could have at each meal. For the things she could not have we sent substitutes so she always had an option. She did very well. I am so proud of how she handled the food situation. We also sent her daily asthma and allergy medications to the nurse and she went and took them every night. She kept her inhaler with her at all times. I expected her to come home really sick from not eating normally and not getting enough sleep. She did throw up on the bus on the way home (so sorry Sister Cardon!). Next year send dramamine!!! Unfortunately while she was gone Christopher got a nasty virus that started with a fever and ended with a sinus infection. The afternoon she got home she started with a fever (right after we got home from seeing Toy Story 3) and we were at the doctor the next week for the sinus infection. I think that was totally unrelated to camp. I hope she did not unknowingly expose anyone there. I think if it weren't for that illness she might have made it and not been sick after camp.

It was hard to send her off on a trip on her own even though she was in excellent hands. I missed her and thought about her tons. It is such a priviledge to watch my children grow and learn. I am so lucky to have 3 beautiful ones.

No comments: