Vanessa and I did our first 5K on September 20, 2008! It was so fun. We had some friends and family along with us. It was for Chiari and Syringomyelia. With Chiari your cerebellum descends into your spinal cord and with syringomyelia your some cerebrospinal fluid enters into your spinal cord. Both are extremely painful and debilitating. To learn more go to www.conquerchiari.org. My friend at the gym, Chris, has chiari and he gave the motivational speech before the walk. It was fun to go get some exercise and help out a good cause at the same time.


I had to take a picture of the squashed scorpion we saw along the way. I don't think I had ever seen one before dead or alive - thank goodness! My foot at the bottom of the frame gives you an idea of how big it was.

Yay...we made it!

4 comments:
Sounds totally fun. Congratulations!
Good job on the 5K, bet all of you had a great time. Welcome back to blogging- (I can't quite keep up either!)
Amy,
You are doing a better job staying at it than me. I like the section on your blog about what you are currently reading. I am glad to know people are still reading my blog.
Tammy
That is a huge Scorpion!!!! HOLY COW!
Post a Comment