Thursday, March 5, 2009
The End is Near
Of Christopher's naps that is. I really hoped since he has always slept slightly better than the girls that he would be the one to nap past the age of two. But, no way. He is giving up his nap at the ripe old age of 23 months. I have been forcing the nap for about 6 weeks now. First, I would wake him up in the morning so he was tired enough to go to sleep in the afternoon and then I would have to wake him up so he would be tired enough to go to sleep at night. The last two weeks I have had to start driving him in the car to get him to go to sleep during the day at all. He would not play in his crib for anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour and then go to sleep any longer. Before now everytime we put him to bed before 10pm he would get up all night. He would also get up at night if he was over-tired or had a short nap that day. Well, last week twice he had 20-30 minute naps and still slept at night and this week he had no nap twice and slept through the night. He got up early today so he did have a nap. We are stuck in the cycle of not wanting to nap but still needing it every few days or so. This makes it hard to plan my day. I am refiguring my work schedule. We will see what tomorrow brings and start pushing the Disney movies very heavily! And, it looks like I will continue to remain jealous of those who have to break their kids from their naps to start school!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I remember those day. They definately outgrow their naps before mom does.
Oh man!!! I hate giving up naps! But then you are free to play all day long!
Post a Comment