Friday, November 7, 2008

No Fun!

I only had 10 hours for work this week. I think everyone was preoccupied with the election and not working. It also says something about the economy. Very few companies are hiring or even using temps. You would think I would have gotten more done around the house with so few hours logged, but that was not the case. Christopher had the stomach flu Tuesday and Wednesday. I so hate seeing my kids sick! He kept down some stuff Tuesday night and then slept well so I thought we were out of the woods, but no go. Maybe we did not start out slow enough Wednesday morning, I don't know, but he lost his first few bites and drinks so we stopped everything again for a while. After a couple hours I was worried about his blood sugar. We started out with a medicine dropper of pedialyte every 15 minutes. Then we graduated to ice chips. Those both stayed down so after an hour of that he got a saltine. That seemed to be the end of it. Before the pedialyte he was so lethargic I was worried. Isn't it funny how you can get excited that your kid wiggled their foot and then rolled over and finally got up off the couch? Paul was nauseous Thursday evening, but was doing better Friday morning. I hope we are done and don't have to share this one with everyone in the house...

3 comments:

Emily Johnson said...

Oh Man...That really is no fun! Hope everyone stays healthy!!!

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Yuck the stomach flu. It's hard to see little babes so sick.

amy said...

The day after we called you for Hunter to play- the flu hit Camille! It was so sad! I am glad that Christopher bounced right back from being so sick.