Sunday, March 18, 2012
Sick Vanessa
Wednesday morning of Feb. 15 Vanessa said she had a sore throat. It was a half day at school so she went anyway. Wednesday night she had a fever of 102.5. Not good. Thursday she ate a few dry cheerios and a couple bites of soup. She drank well though. I kicked into gear with all of our herbs, homeopathics and clearings. I even drove to our Chiropractor's office and picked up a gammaglobulin supplement. Friday she ate a few saltines and some strawberries. Friday night she went to Grandpa and Grandma's to watch tv. They did not come down that weekend and we don't have cable so every once in a while Paul takes the kids over there to watch. She even ate taco in a bowl (basically taco salad). I thought all the stuff was working and she was on the mend. Saturday she ate some strawberries and saltines again. That evening she wanted french fries. She ate them and then threw them up. Not a good sign. Sunday morning we asked a neighbor to come over and help Paul administer to her and give her Priesthood blessing. I went to sacrament meeting to hear a friend speak and then came straight home to be with her. I found an urgent care that would do a chest x-ray. I thought it was pneumonia or headed there at this point. But, she was breathing ok so we decided to wait until Monday. It was President's day, but I had checked on Friday and knew they would be open. Her doctor diagnosed a sinus infection and prescribed an antibiotic. Since I was concerned about pneumonia (it has been 2 years since Vanessa last had it) she also wrote a script for steroid. She said that would help with the sore throat that was not strep but now going on 5-6 days and the inflammation in the sinuses. I would be willing to bet money if we had done an x-ray it would have shown pneumonia. When she had it two years ago the urgent care only did x-rays because I told them her history. But, this time since the pediatrician prescribed the same meds as we would have had for pneumonia I did not ask for an x-ray. It still took several days before Vanessa had the energy to eat. The doctor was concerned about her low energy level, excessive sleep and lack of appetite. She tested for mono. Thank goodness it was negative. Vanessa missed that whole next week of school. Judging by how long it took her to recover I am 90% sure it was pneumonia too. She has had just a sinus infection before and got better way faster. I hate it when she gets so sick! It worries me so much. She had to catch up on missed school work quickly since it was almost spring break and the teachers had to turn in grades. We got a letter from the school that she has missed 8 days this semester. If she misses two more we will have to get a doctor's note so she can still get credit for her classes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment