
Loading up about 1:30pm


It's hot. Starting out after a 7 hour car ride. We had to detour through Tuba City to get to Page, AZ since the road fell in and it is not fixed yet.



Entering the slot canyon.

Rocks stacked in the holes in the wall.

George pointing up at Slide Rock Arch. Now the Narrows get narrower.
After this rest I stayed behind to "use the facilities." I did not realize they stopped at this point so everyone would be together. Julie stayed with me and when we got to the confluence (coming together of Paria and Buckskin rivers) we recognized it but did not know which way to go. Luckily we guessed right and found everyone setting up camp a little ways up Buckskin.



Richard checking out Buckskin Gultch after setting up camp. We saw some tracks. Maybe mountain lion?

We also had mice in camp after dark. We tied up our food and I prayed for quite a while that night that it would be fine in the morning. It was, yay!

I was trying to get the sky in to in order to show how tall the canyon walls were in comparison to the tents. Could not quite get it. That is how tall they were! Richard, George and his friends, and I were across the river and up a little hill.

No comments:
Post a Comment