Monday, June 17, 2013

Grand Canyon Day 5 - Climbing Out


Starting up Bright Angel trail. We got up at 4:30am and left camp at 6:24am. A little later than we hoped, but at least we got our duffle on the mule service in time.


Me crossing the water. Did I mention how tricky this is with a heavy pack?

Jeanne crossing the water

Back to civilization. We had a good signal at Indian Gardens.

Tammy, Tari, Missy, Jeanne

Tari

Hey, I know you! Ran into some friends at 3 Mile rest stop. Cade and I. His step dad Eldin, his mom Christy and his mom's parents were with him. They were going to Indian Gardens and back that day.

Christy was awfully brave to stand that close to me. I am sure I did not smell pretty.
And then the photos end because it pretty much is just slogging to get the rest of the way up. The good views are at your back. And for miles 47-50 of the trip I just wanted to get done. I was done by 12:10pm. Not too bad doing the 9 miles of Bright Angel in under 6 hours with a 28 pound backpack to start (22 at finish with water all empty) especially considering what we had done the previous 4 days. What an amazing adventure! Can't wait to go back!!!

No comments: