Friday, October 31, 2008

Lucky Girl



Hunter lucked out this year! I don't do "friends" birthday parties every year. It usually works out to every 3 years. Last year Christopher was nursing and I did not have the energy, the year before I was pregnant with him and could not get off the couch. So Hunter gets a friends party this year, she also got a cousins party. We always do a family party with just the 5 of us on the actual birthday and they get to open mom and dad's presents. This year Hunter will be baptized so she will also get a family gathering/luncheon in her honor after her baptism which is Dec. 13th by the way. So for her the party just goes on and on.

We started with the cousins party. We combined with two cousins that have October birthdays (with 18 grandchildren involved it is much easier to combine even if it crosses months!). So I got to help plan a Halloween/birthday party. Vanessa is the witch on the left and Hunter is the fairy on the right.




We played a game where they had to carry an eyeball on a spoon across the yard and back. The winning team got eyeball rings. Look at that concentration.

We also popped balloons to get prizes. And we made each other into mummy's with toilet paper.







The older kids and the younger kids all liked this game. Although the younger kids only stood still long enough to get an arm or a leg wrapped up. Everyone had fun burying the littlest ones in the scraps of toilet paper after it was ripped off by the mummies.

And then, of course there was cake and presents too!




Now, we get to look forward to the next birthday celebration!

1 comment:

amy said...

With fall birthdays too, I feel like the celebration season has started as of this week. Good luck with keeping up with all the parties! Happy Birthday Hunter!