I really just don't like it. Mouthwash that is. I hate that burning, eye-watering sensation the whole time you are swishing. I can't bring myself to gargle with it for fear of swallowing some and having my esophagus eaten away by the stuff. Why is it always blue or green anyway? What color would it be if they did not dye it?
I went to the dentist last month. They gave me some mouthwash to swish with to kill off all the buggies in my mouth before they cleaned my mouth for me. I am sitting there wondering what I am going to do in this chair with no sink in sight when my eyes start watering and my mouth is on fire and I have to get it out of there. The hygienist said to spit it back in the cup after I am done counting to 30 and then left the room. Yay! I could cheat and not keep it in the whole time since she was not there to watch me.
To my pleasant surprise it did not sting. My eyes did not water. It was all good. I could have keep it in a minute or two, but I did not. I told her it did not sting when she got back. She informed me they use an alcohol free mouthwash for that reason.
So what do I do? I promptly go to Target and pick up an alcohol free mouthwash and think to myself my mouth is going to be in the best shape ever by my next visit. Only, guess what! Alcohol free mouthwash burns, stings and waters eyes too. It's just that the bottle says to use after brushing and at the dentist's office I had not brushed first. My guess is that has something to do with it.
I am still using it and my mouth better be really clean because when I use it before bed my tongue is still numb in the morning and I can't hardly taste my breakfast.
Phew! It's a good thing I got that all of my chest.
Anyone know of a good non-stingy mouthwash?
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment