Wednesday, March 31, 2010
I Have Hope
You know you are desparate when you are willing to go through some strange things to find solutions. I am trying a myopractor for my back pain. Put very simply, they do a combination of massage and chiropractics. Of course, I am going to one that takes it to the next level. My mother in law found him and took my sister in law to the first visit. At her recommendation me and my other sister in law went. He starts you out on a normal chiropractic table and does an adjustment and some deep massage. Then he moves you to the Frankenstein Torture Table where he stretches your spine. What!?! Yes, that is right, he stretches your spine on what I call the Frankenstein Torture Table. You are face down, strapped in and the bottom half of the table moves up and down. He basically flips your legs underneath you to stretch your spine and remove adhesions formed (from age or injury) between your vertebrae and the ligaments in between. It is quite painful especially if you go in already in pain. I have not seen much improvment since my first visit. He said he thought after 3 I would really see a big difference and after 5 most likely be ready for maintenance. I will try 3 but if I don't see improvement after that I am done. After the "surgery without anesthesia and a scalpel" he moves you to a third table. I was afraid I would not be able to walk. My lower back was in so much pain it felt like it was gone, that numb. The pain level went back to my normal level after 2 days which is quicker than when I re-injure myself. On the third table he immediately gives you arnica for the shock and trauma. Then he does some accupressure. He finds it more effective than accupuncture and lucky for me he does not like needles. He told me the first visit is the hardest to get through physically, the second is the hardest emotionally because you know what is coming and then after that you are ok. He also told me 20% of his patients never come back a second time. His parting line is, "I hope to see you again." Why would I subject myself to something like this you ask? 1. I am desparate. I have tried chiropractics (normal and wierd ones), I have tried massage, I have tried yoga and stretching and exercise and no exercise. They have all helped, but I am ready to heal! and 2. He has some great healing stories. People in wheel chairs that are now walking, etc. I have hope that he might be my answer. However, always the pessimist, I have my backup plan. If he does not help me I will try a regular myopractor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment