Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wild Ride

This has really been a wet winter for us desert folk. I remember lots of rain in January and February growing up here, but apparently we are getting even more than usual prior to the drought we have been in. March has been pretty wet too. I have not verified this but I heard a forecaster on tv say about a month ago that going back to the 1800s this winter ranks in the top ten for moisture. The snow skiers have been very happy.

March 7th was another wet Sunday. So we went for a family Sunday drive/storm chase. We won't do that again anytime soon! We ran (headlong) into some wicked weather involving pouring rain, brilliant lightning, pounding hail, 20 foot visibility, running washes and loud prayers. It was the second most scary driving time of my life! The first was not my car accident. Nope, it was coming home from Sedona one time in a huge snow storm climbing that hill outside of Camp Verde in a 7 year old Toyota Corolla with bald tires going 20 mph. I did not think we were going to make it up!

As we were driving along and the hail was coming down and we could hardly see at all I was getting pretty scared the kids were too. Christopher asked for the light to be turned on. I love that when he is scared he wants light (I am scared of the dark myself!). I love that light dispels darkness and lessons fears. I love that the Savior's light dispels darkness in our lives, lessons fears and brings peace and love.

No comments: