Monday, March 8, 2010

Project Linus



In January we made blankets for Project Linus for the Give a Day, Get a Disney Day promotion.



Basically, anyone over 6 can do a service project and get a free pass to go to Disneyland.



We made 5 blankets. 4 of them we just tied fleece. But I wanted to teach Vanessa and Hunter how to make a quilt so the last one we tied and sewed.



It was a lot of fun!



The day we delivered them we visited my brother, sister-in-law, their new baby and their preschooler.



We went to lunch and hung out at their house.



We can't wait to go to Disneyland now!



We are planning to go in early May before all the crowds and heat arrive.



I let each of my children choose the fabric pattern for their blanket.



The instructions from Project Linus said to give the blankets lots of hugs and love to send them off!



The blankets are given to people of all ages in the hospital and to firestations to give away.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I love the blanket idea.....and I love how involved your kids were. We're doing a book drive and will turn them in Thursday....yay for Disneyland -- we can't wait to go!!