Thursday, March 25, 2010
Spring Break 2010: Friday
I was supposed to have a church meeting but it got canceled so I took the kids to the library. We stopped at Taco Bell on the way home for lunch - a semi-tradition after the library. We had decided that morning that we needed some Brittany time that day. Brittany is my sister's oldest child. She is between Vanessa and Hunter in age and therefore the 3 of them get along great and can play together for hours. This day happened to be her birthday. Her mom let us come and take her away for the afternoon. The girls had a great time and it was well worth it to have them together. But, 20 minutes to my sister's house and 20 minutes back home, plus a little playing time there, twice in one day almost did me in. I forget when I make all these grand plans to entertain my kids while they are off school that I do not get off. If I take off work I don't get paid so I generally don't take off unless we are physically leaving town and not always even then (last year on Spring Break I worked each night in our hotel room after we got home Disneyland and put the kids to bed). I was up until midnight each night of Spring Break this year getting my work done. But, it was still worth it because we had some fun times and made some great memories. It make me nervous but also excited for summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment