Thursday, May 28, 2009

End of the School Year Stuff

Vanessa got the Golden Scholar award again this year. Grandpa and Grandma Johnson were able to make it to the program. Vanessa got to hear her name called and walk across the stage. She received a pin and a certificate.




Afterwards we went to Norwood Furniture in downtown Gilbert to Hunter's artwork that was chosen to be displayed in the district art show. She received a medal and a certificate.



Grandpa thought Hunter's piece would pull in at least $498 on clearance!!



The girls both played well at the piano recital. I love their teacher. She does an excellent job! Both sets of grandparents and Great Aunt Cathy were able to make it to this event. We neglected to get a picture of all of us.



5 comments:

Emily Johnson said...

Wow, That is awesome, what great achievements! I think Hunter's Picture could make $498...Easy!

Luann said...

So what's a golden scholar award? The person who is the smartest in the class? So now with Vanessa, Hunter, and Gregory playing piano we could get some dueling pianos going on at the grandparents house.

Episode Experts said...

To receive the Golden Scholar award you have no more than one B in core classes (art, band, pe don't count) for the previous 3 quarters. So basically straight As with one allowance. It starts in 4th grade. She has gotten it two years in a row.

Heather said...

Hey Tammy, I didn't even know you had a blog-cool! I'll add you :) I did not see your phone. That stinks. Sabrina lost hers too. The problem is...she found half of it all smashed up in the road by QT--it was brand new. Yes, she'll now have to buy her own :) I can't believe you paint houses with your husband-WOW! That's hard work. I hope you find your phone. Take Care!

Episode Experts said...

Heather, Sorry about the miscomm. I did not actually lose my phone. I mentioned it because I have Edward and Bella on it. I will show you next time I see you. Too bad about Sabrina's though.