Friday, May 15, 2009

Sewing

So back in January the girls dance teacher said she needed help making costumes for their recital coming up at the end of May. I told her that I have a sewing machine but only very basic sewing skills and that I would need very clear instructions if she needed my help based on what other responses she got. Well, she got back to me and said she did need me. So I made 10 green skirts for Hunter's ballet class. I got to learn how to gather and one method to attach elastic. It took me a while, but I got them all done. It's a good thing I started early. I only broke 2 needles. It worked much better when I got the right kind. I think they turned out all right. I just hope they hold up for the dress rehearsal and performance. They are dancing out the story of Oliver Twist. Vanessa gets to dress up as an orphan boy/street urchin. We got the stuff for her costume at Savers and tonight we need to dirty it up/cut some holes, etc. It should be fun. They have to wear them for pictures tomorrow. I can't wait to see the recital.



I started out sewing at the kitchen table, but it was too much of a pain to clean up everything every time we needed to eat. So my workstation ended up being in the bathroom. Interesting, I know, but it worked.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I was fun to read all of your updates, Tammy! I like your sewing table...ha ha. Oh, and by the way -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (You'll have to let me know how the testing for Speech went!)

Episode Experts said...

My birthday present to myself is to work on my blog.

They canceled the speech appointment this morning. I will let you know when it really happens.