So I got my Mother's Day Card today - just a few days late. My husband thought he gave it to me and he did not. He had strict instructions not to buy me anything! He did get me flowers which was nice. The kids really love giving me flowers. I bought tickets to go to Wicked this summer and they count for my birthday, our anniversary and Mothers Day all this month. The year I graduated from ASU my husband really felt picked on because he had to think of 4 gifts for me in the month of May. We are going to the matinee on July 18th with some friends and will go out to a nice dinner afterwards.
The only reason I shared any of this is because my card was funny. On the front is a picture of a ton of people on a beach. It says: Can you spot the mom in this picture? On the inside: Of course not. She's still back at the car unloading the beach towels, sunscreen, inflatable toys, ice chest, folding chairs, blanket, pails and shovels, fold-up umbrella, swim fins, and who knows what else.
This card is so perfect for me. I had to laugh. I am a total packrat and planner. Anytime I go anywhere especially with my kids I prepare for every eventuality (almost) and try to take the whole house with me.
Now that I have spend too much time blogging tonight I need to go finish work.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment