Saturday, May 30, 2009

Library

I am library challenged lately. Until now I have only ever lost one item from the library. It was a Winnie the Pooh VHS tape I let Hunter as a 2-year-old take into a fabric store against my better judgment. We lost it there and I went back to look for it and put my name down in case they ever found it. I paid the library for it. About 6 months later the fabric store called and said they found it when they were moving stuff around. About 2 months ago we lost a DVD which we replaced. Then I forgot to renew a few items and thought I did. I got a call from the library about a week later letting me know I had some items overdue. The fines for those had racked up pretty high. Now we are missing a board book and a music CD case. Hopefully I can just pay for the case and still return the CD. I never lose things. Usually I search until I find them. I just don't know where else to search. It feels like this is a small sign of how out of control my life is with 3 kids. I just can't keep track of everything like I used to. But, really it is just a small thing driving me crazy. So I am on library strike for now. Those of you who know how much I love to read know that it won't be long before I am back there again checking out more stuff. If I look at it as just a small price to pay for all the use I have gotten out of the library over the years it makes me feel better. Even with all these fees it is still way cheaper than buying even a couple books brand new.

No comments: